Writing Competition Rules
1. This is a competition for people who are 40 years old and over and living in the UK who have not had a book published by a trade publisher. Entries are allowed from people who have had a work or works published in an anthology. Entries are welcome from people who have self-published their own work.
2. The competition is to write a piece of lyrical non-fiction e.g. an essay, life writing, nature writing etc. Any Non-fiction genre you like of 500 words or under. There is no minimum number of words.
3. The competition closes at dawn on October 25 2021. Entries received after that will not be read.
4. The judges will be Authors Marc Hamer and Kate Hamer.
5. Each work must be the authors own work. Any quotations used must be credited in the text.
6. Winners will be notified by email.
7. Entries must be made by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Title: Non-Fic Comp. In Either Word or Mac Pages format.
8. There is no entry fee.
a)The winning entry will be published on this dedicated Competition Page at www.hamerwriter.com, and a link to the page will be tweeted. The only information included on the page about the work will be the work itself and the name the work was submitted under. Copyright remains with the author except for this one instance.
b) a selection of five recent non-fiction books selected by the judges.
c) cash prizes of: 1st Prize - £250, 2nd Prize - £175, 3rd prize - £100.
10. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Cash prizes are sponsored by Robert Caskie of Robert Caskie Ltd, literary agents
The inspiration for this competition came from this article in the Independent by: @Claire_Coughlan